Introduction
Have you ever had this experience? Where you think: hey! I’m not that bad at this. I think I may actually be pretty good! Only to have your bubble burst when someone younger and less experienced does it even better? Have you ever thought to yourself that maybe you’re not all that special after all? Anything you can do, others can do better. Yes, you’re good. But others are better. You’re so frustrated, but what can you do? This is a fact of life. You aren’t anyone special. You’re just this mediocre child trying to find a place in this messed up world.
That’s my definition of frustratingly mediocre. I don’t want to be mediocre. I don’t want to have what I once regarded as my talents shoved to the side because someone else does it better. Is it really a talent if someone else can do it better? Do I really have such aptitude? Am I really gifted? It’s so frustrating to see someone else who’s young and inexperienced to it better. It’s a blow to your confidence when everyone can do it better. It’s frustrating. But that’s life: someone’s always gonna be better than you.
Although I find myself frustratingly mediocre, I don’t want to feel that way. I hate looking at eight-year-old ballerinas and be thinking: wow, they’re even better than me. If only I had started ballet earlier. I don’t want to be looking at people’s Instagram pictures and be thinking: wow, she claims that she does art for fun but look at her drawings. Why can’t I do that? When art is supposedly my talent? I don’t want to compare myself to other people anymore. I don’t want to always think I’m worse. I just want to compare me with me.
I’m my greatest enemy.
But can I really achieve it? Will I look at myself someday and think: hey, I didn’t do too bad! I think I’m pretty good at this! And not have everything come crashing down on me when a little girl does it better? I want to be like that someday.
As uni starts, the more and more I find myself frustratingly mediocre. With these new friends that I’m meeting and with all their hidden talents unleashing, I end up looking at myself and scoffing; what can you do, really?
I had a blog once, back when I was thirteen. But it’s been mostly inactive now that blogging is no longer my priority. Maybe I can start this little one to just pen down my journey through uni? Will I persevere through it? Haha who knows. We can only wait and see.
Do things not for your own glory, but for the glory of Him.
That’s my definition of frustratingly mediocre. I don’t want to be mediocre. I don’t want to have what I once regarded as my talents shoved to the side because someone else does it better. Is it really a talent if someone else can do it better? Do I really have such aptitude? Am I really gifted? It’s so frustrating to see someone else who’s young and inexperienced to it better. It’s a blow to your confidence when everyone can do it better. It’s frustrating. But that’s life: someone’s always gonna be better than you.
Although I find myself frustratingly mediocre, I don’t want to feel that way. I hate looking at eight-year-old ballerinas and be thinking: wow, they’re even better than me. If only I had started ballet earlier. I don’t want to be looking at people’s Instagram pictures and be thinking: wow, she claims that she does art for fun but look at her drawings. Why can’t I do that? When art is supposedly my talent? I don’t want to compare myself to other people anymore. I don’t want to always think I’m worse. I just want to compare me with me.
I’m my greatest enemy.
But can I really achieve it? Will I look at myself someday and think: hey, I didn’t do too bad! I think I’m pretty good at this! And not have everything come crashing down on me when a little girl does it better? I want to be like that someday.
As uni starts, the more and more I find myself frustratingly mediocre. With these new friends that I’m meeting and with all their hidden talents unleashing, I end up looking at myself and scoffing; what can you do, really?
I had a blog once, back when I was thirteen. But it’s been mostly inactive now that blogging is no longer my priority. Maybe I can start this little one to just pen down my journey through uni? Will I persevere through it? Haha who knows. We can only wait and see.
Do things not for your own glory, but for the glory of Him.
lmao so i wrote this up some time in August last year with the intention to start a new blog and here I am! i'm really glad that I really managed to finally change my blog especially since I've kept the old one for almost 6 years now (just about 2 months shy of it's 6th birthday). so yay! welcome to this new blog wheeeeeee
Hope™
Hope™
Comments
Post a Comment